Recipe by Lennie
Instead of plain ol' tuna-salad-sandwiches for lunch, try this variation. Also great when you need a light, fast dinner. This recipe easily cuts in half, to serve just 1 or 2.
Top Review by Musical Joy
Fabulous recipe. Een the kids liked these, and we loved that they're pretty heart healthy. Didn't add anything to the recipe (which is odd for me) - it was great as is. Served them on hamburger buns with lettuce, tomato and light mayo. Excellent!
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, scraped and finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup italian-style seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, carrot, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and cayenne; shape mixture into four patties.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute tuna patties for four to five minutes on each side; turn carefully as they easily fall apart.
- Serve on hamburger buns (really nice if toasted) with your choice of condiments; I recommend lettuce leaves and mayonnaise.