Recipe by Sherri35
I got this recipe from a Starkist tuna recipe booklet and it's so good. I think the Ranch dressing and cheese make them extra good.
Top Review by Venus4605
This was a nice change from the typical uses of tuna. I used pouches of Starkist tuna creations, which worked wonderfully. The smoked tuna and the lemon pepper tuna were especially good in this recipe. The only other changes I made were to add a little garlic powder, seasoned salt and freshly ground pepper. I also subbed green onion for the regular onion. I used a mix of Italian four cheese and cheddar cheese. Will definitely make these again! Thanks!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing (low-fat works fine)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the breadcrumbs.
- Combine all ingredients, except oil and reserved breadcrumbs.
- Form 8 patties, coating each side with the reserved bread crumbs.
- Heat appx.
- 1 tbl.
- oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 4 patties for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- You may need to add additional oil when you're frying them.
- Add more oil and cook remaining 4 tuna patties.
- Serve immediately.