Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a Starkist tuna recipe booklet and it's so good. I think the Ranch dressing and cheese make them extra good.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the breadcrumbs.
- Combine all ingredients, except oil and reserved breadcrumbs.
- Form 8 patties, coating each side with the reserved bread crumbs.
- Heat appx.
- 1 tbl.
- oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 4 patties for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- You may need to add additional oil when you're frying them.
- Add more oil and cook remaining 4 tuna patties.
- Serve immediately.
This was a nice change from the typical uses of tuna. I used pouches of Starkist tuna creations, which worked wonderfully. The smoked tuna and the lemon pepper tuna were especially good in this recipe. The only other changes I made were to add a little garlic powder, seasoned salt and freshly ground pepper. I also subbed green onion for the regular onion. I used a mix of Italian four cheese and cheddar cheese. Will definitely make these again! Thanks!
Great hot, and even better cold! This, my second attempt at making them, was more successful in that the patties held together. I didn't use enough tuna last time and I used fresh breadcrumbs, whereas this time I used dry. I also included the green pepper this time. We had the patties on toasted hamburger buns, topped with ketchup. Delicious!
Liked by all even the dog. We are a onion eater family so I added 1/2 cup of sweet onions and a tbls of feta cheese.