Recipe by rpgaymer
These tuna patties taste like crab cakes, and are easy to make. I like putting the patties on buns and topping them with pickled jalapenos... YUM.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I cannot say enough good things about these tuna patties! I made this exactly as posted, using whole wheat breadcrumbs, and about 2 t. of celery salt. The sambal oelek was fantastic! I ended up getting 10 patties out of this (I guess I like them a bit smaller). As suggested, I ate mine (sans bun) with a pickled jalapeno, which I loved. I had no trouble with texture, and they held together well. I will definitely be making these often!
- 3 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use the light kind- works well)
- 4 tablespoons chili paste (like Sambal Oelek)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon celery salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tuna, bread crumbs, celery and mayo in a large bowl. Blend in the chili paste, lemon juice, and celery salt. Mix everything well.
- Form 4-8 patties, depending on how large you want them. Fry lightly in a sprayed skillet over medium heat about 5-8 minutes, flipping once. Patties are done once they are well-browned.