Recipe by Carol
My version of tuna patties, with the flavors we enjoy.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I have been cleaning out my cupboards and I have a lot of cans of tuna. I thought I would give this recipe a try. It got mixed reviews. Two liked it and two didn't. I used garlic powder instead of onion powder and forgot the relish. I used butter and oil to cook. I doubled the recipe and made six large patties.
- 2 (6 1/4 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 eggs
- 5 slices bread, torn into crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, flake tuna; stir in eggs, 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, and remaining ingredients, except for oil; mix well.
- Place remaining bread crumbs on waxed paper.
- Make 12 patties using 1/4 cup of tuna mixture each; coat with bread crumbs; place on waxed paper.
- Start with 2 tablespoons canola oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook 4 patties at a time, for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining patties, adding oil if needed.