Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1⁄2 cup dried seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives or 2 tablespoons green part scallions
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) canschunk light tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Spread 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs in an even layer on a sheet of waxed paper, reserve.
- With kitchen scissors, snip enough chives or green part of scallion to measure 2 tablespoons.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, egg yolk, chives, pickle relish, and cayenne pepper until combined.
- Flake the tuna into a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs and stir until well combined.
- Drop 1/4 of the tuna mixture onto the crumbs on the waxed paper and form into an oval patty (about 3 inches).
- Coat both sides in crumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining tuna mixture and crumbs.
- Heat the olive or vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook until golden brown and heated through, about 3 minutes per side.
easy to mix up, then i had my hubby cook them while i was gone to a class. they made a nice friday meal for lent (no meat).
Excellent - made as directed. Thanks for sharing
This is pretty much my recipe for tuna salad except for the bread crumbs (although I eat it mostly as a sandwich!) and the frying part. So glad you pushed this a little bit further, Dancer. This is, so far, my go to tuna pattie melt. Thnx for posting, Dancer.