Recipe by Gay Soape
This was a favorite recipe of my grandmother.
Top Review by DebbieCooks
I chose this tuna patty recipe because I had a leftover baked potato from the night before. Very easy to prepare. I did add some Old Bay seasoning. Also I made a good warm sauce by heating a can of cream of mushroom soup, a Tbsp or so of mayo, a little dried parsley and 2-3 Tbsp of milk. I don't see why you couldn't use leftover mashed potatoes too. Also I think you could substitute cooked chicken, salmon, ham or even corned beef. A good basic recipe that you can change to suit your tastes. I served these with homemade cole slaw and macaroni and cheese. A wonderful family meal!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, baked
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna.
- Remove the skin from the potato and break it up with a fork.
- Mix tuna with onion, egg and potatoe.
- Add a little salt and pepper.
- Shape into medium sized patties.
- Pour bread crumbs into a dish and roll patties in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil until browned Serve with ketchup.