Recipe by dobby_baxter
After trying many different variations of tuna patties, this is the best one so far.
Top Review by Dixie in Pa
The tuna mixture was too moist and fragile to hold together well ... so the breading process was very messy. I followed the recipe to the letter so I don't know what caused the problem. The flavor was bland. It seemed to be missing something. I don't think I will use this recipe again.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 500 g tuna, in brine
- 3⁄4 of an onion
- 1⁄2 red capsicum
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- Drain the water, then add some milk and butter and mash the potatoes until they are white and creamy.
- Drain the tuna and break up into a bowl.
- Finely chop the onion, celery, capsicum and place in the bowl with the tuna.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the mixture.
- Add the potatoe mash once it has cooled then mix well.
- Break 1 egg into a cup then with a fork beat it.
- Add this to the mixture.
- Using damp hands, make patties out of the mixture.
- Coat the patties in flour, then egg and finally coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the patties until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a fresh salad and tomato sauce.