Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice quick meal I found in a magazine.
- 300 g packet pasta, shape is your choice
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 118.29 ml cream (I used reduced fat)
- 425 g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, pitted and roughly chopped
- 14.79 ml capers
- 59.14 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook your pasta according to directions, drain and reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta and cooking water to the saucepan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the flour.
- Cook, stirring for 30 seconds, then remmove from the heat.
- Slowly add the lemon juice, stirring and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Allow to cool a little, then add the cream.
- Add the cream mixture, tuna, olives, capers, parsley, 3/4 of the lemon rind, and salt and pepper to the pasta.
- Toss over a low heat until well combined.
- Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining lemon rind.
very tasty dish. quick to prepare
This dish had all the things I really enjoyed eating kalamata olives, lemon and capers. If your on the go and need a quick meal this is would be ideal as it's very filling. The only changed I made was I used sour cream instead of cream and I choose elbow pasta. It states serves 2 but we could of easily serve 4. It's a perfect dish for a luncheon as it could be eaten warm or cold. Just right for hot summer days/nights when you can't be bothered to cook. Thanks JanRoundOz.