Recipe by KVasanth
Clearing out my cupboard, and came up with this sauce. It's cheap and easy to make, and low fat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sweet pepper, red and yellow, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped (I like kalamata)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tuna (just your normal can of tuna)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar tomato sauce (any old kind of spaghetti sauce)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or however much you want, as to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in olive oil over medium heat until transluscent.
- Add in the garlic, peppers and olives, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in tuna, then stir in the tomato sauce, herbs and white wine *Do not add salt to taste at this point*.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and leave sauce to reduce, stirring occasionally (takes around 30 minutes, depending on the heat level).
- Once sauce has reduced to the texture you prefer, add seasonings.
- Stir in freshly boiled pasta, incorporate thoroughly, and serve.
- *I think if I had them, I would have added capers for another flavor dimension, but it's fine without.