Recipe by Oolala
Sounds a bit different and I just saw the clipping so I'm posting it before I forget about it. Good for the warmer weather days ahead.
Top Review by Satyne
I made this for lunch today, I was short the celery and onion and had to swap a few items around, but all in all the dressing should come out similar for others. This was lovely for lunch. I was a little bit worried when I sniffed it after adding the vinegar but dug in and it was great, nice and tangy.
I didn't use quite so much mayo, used low fat plain yogurt, used diced capsicum and tarragon leaves instead of oregano. I will definately make this again and try to have the proper ingrediants on hand when I do. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 12 -16 ounces solid white tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 roasted peppers, skinned and chopped
- 1 lb pasta, cooked al dente, drained and cooled, tossed with
- 1 tablespoon oil, to prevent sticking
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- fresh oregano, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Break tuna into small pieces and place into a large mixing bowl with yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, basil and oregano.
- Stir together.
- Mix in vinegar, sugar, onion, roasted peppers and celery.
- Mix pasta into tuna mixture and stir until well coated.
- Serve now or chill.