Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My own recipe for a delicious, cold salad made with multicolored rotini, canned tuna, onions, celery and carrots. It's wonderful in the summer as a light dinner served with blueberry or pineapple muffins. The secret is to used canned tuna in vegetable oil rather than water--it makes a more moist, delicate salad overall.
- 340.19 g can tuna in vegetable oil
- 453.59 g bagtri-colored rotini pasta
- 354.88 ml hellman's or duke's mayonnaise
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml chopped carrot
- 118.29 ml chopped yellow sweet onion (finely)
- 9.85 ml dried dill weed
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- In a large 3 qt pot, mix can of chicken broth with enough water to cook pasta. Add 2 t. salt to pot. Put in package of rotini and follow package directions for MINIMUM cook time. Drain pasta immediately and flush with cold water until all pasta is cool and has stopped cooking entirely. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise with dill, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add pasta to mayonnaise mixture.
- Drain can of tuna completely and add to pasta.
- Add chopped onions, celery, and carrots.
- Stir well until everything is combined.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours; add salt to taste and stir.
This is a delicious salad! I have made it just as written & I made it when I have added other vegetables, such as diced bell peppers. This makes a fast, light supper!