Chef Koeksister's Note:
I love to make this salad on warm summer nights for dinner. My husband loves this tuna salad. You can leave out a tin of tuna if you want a lighter dish for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (500 g) packet small shell pasta
- 2 (170 g) cans tuna in brine or 2 (170 g) cans water
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into small cubes
- 100 g cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup corn, tinned
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 gherkins, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, boiled and grated (optional for a heavier dinner) (optional)
- 1Cook pasta as directed on packet, drain and place in mixing bowl.
- 2Drain tuna and add with all the other ingredients to the pasta.
- 3Stir in mayonnaise.
- 4season with salt and pepper.
- 5Can be eaten immediately, but I find it tastier, when it was refrigerated for about an hour.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.7
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 924.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 33.2 g