Recipe by Chef Koeksister
I love to make this salad on warm summer nights for dinner. My husband loves this tuna salad. You can leave out a tin of tuna if you want a lighter dish for lunch.
- 1 (500 g) packet small shell pasta
- 2 (170 g) cans tuna in brine or 2 (170 g) cans water
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into small cubes
- 100 g cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup corn, tinned
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 gherkins, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, boiled and grated (optional for a heavier dinner) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on packet, drain and place in mixing bowl.
- Drain tuna and add with all the other ingredients to the pasta.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Can be eaten immediately, but I find it tastier, when it was refrigerated for about an hour.