Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Gourmet magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked til tender, rinsed, and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Whisk together mayo and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This was very nice. I didn't have fresh basil, so I used dried but it still added a nice flavor. It was just a little bland for our taste. I think I'll add some red onion or celery to it to give it a little crunch. Thanks
This is a great pasta salad! The beans are a wonderful addition and the lemon and basil give it a nice, fresh flavor. I can't wait to take this to picnics this summer! Thanks for sharing, Kim!
*Yummers* this was a delicious salad for lunch. Nice flavor combination. I have to admit, never tried white beans like this, and thought it was delish. Thanks for another outstanding dish! ~V (Made for Comfort Food Fast Bevy Tag)