Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from a Facebook group
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- 3 cups uncooked corkscrew macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- HEAT broth and water to a boil in skillet.
- Add pasta and cook until just tender, stirring often.
- Do not drain.
- STIR in soup, milk and tuna.
- Top with cheese.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Heat through.
I made this on the stove top and it turned out great. After cooking on low for awhile there was still a lot of liquid in the bottom of the skillet. I let it stand for about 5 minutes off the heat, it then became thicker and creamy. If a person wanted to brown the cheese and crisp up the bread crumbs you could pop it under the broiler for a few minutes. I think I'll give that a try next time because I will be making this again!! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag
This made for a quick and easy throwtogether meal for DH and DS's. I made this in the afternoon, (omitting the cheese and breadcrumb topping), and then when I got home from work, I popped this in the oven w/the addition of the toppings and baked for 45 minutes. I did add 1/2 t. of garlic powder to jazz it up a bit. Really good and creamy. I too like iewe love the idea of not having to drain the pasta. Thanks Sam!~ Made for PRMR.
This was really good!! I love that it did not require draining the pasta. Added peas to mine. Yum!