Perfect Pixie's Note:
My Mum makes a great tuna pasta bake, but since i found out of my intollerance to gluten i have had to find another recipe, i found this on wheat-free.org, havnt tried it yet but i intend to once i get back from spain
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g canned tuna, in brine, drained
- 180 g sweetcorn, canned
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or garlic puree)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 150 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 100 ml milk (any type including soya, goats)
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- black pepper, freshly ground
- cheese, grated
- gluten-free pasta (or wheat-free pasta, or rice pasta)
- 1Cook the pasta and drain well.
- 2In a separate saucepan put the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, herbs and tabasco, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Allow to cool slightly or when adding the yogurt it will curdle.
- 4Add the yogurt and sweetcorn to the tomato mixture and mix well.
- 5Put the tuna in with the pasta and mix to distribute the tuna evenly.
- 6Then tip the tomato mixture on top and stir thoroughly.
- 7Tip the mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with grated cheese.
- 8Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and the misture is bubbling.
- 9Serve on it's own or accompanied by a green salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Pasta Bake - Wheat Free Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 745.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: