Recipe by Perfect Pixie
My Mum makes a great tuna pasta bake, but since i found out of my intollerance to gluten i have had to find another recipe, i found this on wheat-free.org, havnt tried it yet but i intend to once i get back from spain
Top Review by AllergyGirl
Other than being a bit bland, this tasted fine. It seems the recipe is missing a few steps - such as what to do with the 1/2 cup milk and what temperature the oven should be.
- 200 g canned tuna, in brine, drained
- 180 g sweetcorn, canned
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or garlic puree)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 150 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 100 ml milk (any type including soya, goats)
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- black pepper, freshly ground
- cheese, grated
- gluten-free pasta (or wheat-free pasta, or rice pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta and drain well.
- In a separate saucepan put the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, herbs and tabasco, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly or when adding the yogurt it will curdle.
- Add the yogurt and sweetcorn to the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Put the tuna in with the pasta and mix to distribute the tuna evenly.
- Then tip the tomato mixture on top and stir thoroughly.
- Tip the mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and the misture is bubbling.
- Serve on it's own or accompanied by a green salad.