Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tuna and bacon pasta bake. You can also put in individual dishes if people are eating at different times. I have frozen this and it was nice.
- 8 slices of best back bacon
- 300 g pasta, shapes any
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml milk
- 2 (185 g) cans chunk tuna, drained
- 75 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- In a big pan cook the pasta as per packet with lightly salted water.
- Melt the butter and oil in a saucepan and to it add the bacon chopped into pieces. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook 2 more minutes; remove from the heat.
- Gradually stir in the stock and milk, then return to the heat and cook, gently stirring all the time until the sauce thickens; season to taste.
- Place the now cooked pasta in a shallow oven-proof dish and scatter the tuna on top. Toss lightly; pour over the sauce.
- MMx together the breadcrumbs and grated cheese and scatter over the top. Add herbs either fresh or dried--less if using dried.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Good for us adults, but the kids din't particularlly like this. I though it was alright, though it seemed to be missing something. Tagged and made for PAC Spring 2013.
Loved this! Very simple recipe - I used less tuna - just one can for three of us. excellent with a green salad.
great recipe my fussy kids ate it all up and asked for more this is a keeper thanks for sharing