Recipe by najwa
My mother always made tuna rice, but my husband likes pasta ... so i substituted pasta for rice ...
Top Review by Denise Nachtigal
Going by other reviews, I added ketchup instead of tomato sauce, and used the cardamon as instructed. The end result was a pretty dry dish, but the flavor was kinda nice. I'm giving this 3 stars for decent flavor, but not so appealing end result. It was good, but my kids didn't care for it at all. I probably won't make this again.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried hot pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 6 ounces farfalle pasta, or other small pasta,prepared per package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium saucepan with non-stick cooking spray (or use oil if you like) and saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the hot pepper and tuna, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and spices, mix well.
- Add tomato sauce and about 2 tbsp water if mixture seems too dry.
- Next add the pasta and mix well, cover and reduce heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.