Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My son and I like to have this when we are away camping, a real favourite.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 (185 g) can tuna in brine, drained
- 50 g grated cheese
- tomatoes, sliced (for garnish)
- 1 -2 cup uncooked pasta
- Heat a non-stick pan, add a little water and saute the onion and garlic until lightly coloured.
- Add the tomatoes and juice, green pepper, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna and cook a further 5-10 minutes to heat through.
- While sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in lightly salted water until tender.
- Place cooked pasta on a serving dish, top with the grated cheese and pour tuna sauce over.
- Garnish with tomato.
- * Can be doubled.
The only thing I did different from the recipe was to add more garlic and some tabasco sauce. Very good recipe whether you are camping or not!!:-) Will certainly do this simple but great recipe again. Thank you Eve
A good fast simple recipe, I just added an extra clove of garlic and a few crushed chilli peppers. Thanks Evie, Jess96
i tried this with some changes and the results were great! i skipped the bell peppers and added a handful of frozen mixed vege in the last 5 mins....i also added more herbs (more chilli, black pepper, corriander, parsley, rosemary, herbes de provence and more oregano)...yummy! will definitely be making this again :)