Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this up while on phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. I was trying to keep fresh cut up veggies on hand and I love tuna so this was quick to throw together when I didn't want to think about what to eat. It is also very colorful...I love green, purple and red together. I also love the spicy tuna with the crunch and flavors of the fresh veggies. My favorites are radish sprouts and purple cabbage...sometimes I'll eat it with just those.
- 170.09 g can tuna, drained
- 29.58 ml Best Foods Mayonnaise
- creole seasoning, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml white onion, diced
- 236.59 ml romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces (I usually use triple hearts)
- 118.29 ml mixed sprouts (I like radish best)
- 118.29 ml purple cabbage, shredded
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml grape tomatoes (optional)
- Mix tuna with mayonnaise, spices and onion.
- Arrange lettuce on plate. Then layer: Sprouts, cabbage and bell pepper.
- Place tuna in a scoop on the top and sprinkle tomatoes over the top of it all.
It was love at first bite. The tuna mixed with lemon pepper and mayonnaise makes the best dressing for this supper healthy salad. We loved the way all the fresh flavors shard the spot light. The tuna add to this salad with out taking over and was not loaded down with mayonnaise (hooray). We will be making this a lot. Thanks so much for the post.
This tuna over a salad was doing it's own dance to the table. This recipe came in handy as I made some lentil sprouts so this was a perfect marriage of really earth, fresh tastes. I knew I was going to love the creole seasoning and I was right. I had a bit of cabbage, and green peppers but other then that stayed true to the recipe although for my portion, I added some extra creole spice as I love all things spicy. Dennis took this to work with him with a roll on the side, and he adored this as well. So happy, tuna is the best! Thank you Engrossed!
This was wonderful! I had never thought about eating tuna this way before. I love radishes and used them as you suggested. We don't have a Best Foods around here so I used Light Miracle Whip instead. Thank you for sharing this recipe!