Recipe by Engrossed
I made this up while on phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. I was trying to keep fresh cut up veggies on hand and I love tuna so this was quick to throw together when I didn't want to think about what to eat. It is also very colorful...I love green, purple and red together. I also love the spicy tuna with the crunch and flavors of the fresh veggies. My favorites are radish sprouts and purple cabbage...sometimes I'll eat it with just those.
Top Review by Debbwl
It was love at first bite. The tuna mixed with lemon pepper and mayonnaise makes the best dressing for this supper healthy salad. We loved the way all the fresh flavors shard the spot light. The tuna add to this salad with out taking over and was not loaded down with mayonnaise (hooray). We will be making this a lot. Thanks so much for the post.
- 170.09 g can tuna, drained
- 29.58 ml Best Foods Mayonnaise
- creole seasoning, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml white onion, diced
- 236.59 ml romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces (I usually use triple hearts)
- 118.29 ml mixed sprouts (I like radish best)
- 118.29 ml purple cabbage, shredded
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml grape tomatoes (optional)