1/1 Photo of Tuna over Salad
I made this up while on phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. I was trying to keep fresh cut up veggies on hand and I love tuna so this was quick to throw together when I didn't want to think about what to eat. It is also very colorful...I love green, purple and red together. I also love the spicy tuna with the crunch and flavors of the fresh veggies. My favorites are radish sprouts and purple cabbage...sometimes I'll eat it with just those.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons Best Foods Mayonnaise
- creole seasoning, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces (I usually use triple hearts)
- 1/2 cup mixed sprouts (I like radish best)
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1Mix tuna with mayonnaise, spices and onion.
- 2Arrange lettuce on plate. Then layer: Sprouts, cabbage and bell pepper.
- 3Place tuna in a scoop on the top and sprinkle tomatoes over the top of it all.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna over Salad
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 99.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 43.2 g