From Every Day with Rachael Ray, April/07. An easy and filling dish! Just serve it with some bread and fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces tuna in olive oil, drained oil reserved (2 cans)
- 15 1/2 ounces chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
- 2Stir in the orzo and cook until al dente.
- 3Drain and cool slightly.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, season the vinegar with salt and pepper and mix until the salt dissolves; set aside.
- 5Whisk in the reserved olive oil.
- 6Add the orzo to the dressing and toss to mix.
- 7Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and basil or parsley to the orzo.
- 8Break up the tuna with a fork and add to the salad with the feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 1822.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 65.4 g