Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Every Day with Rachael Ray, April/07. An easy and filling dish! Just serve it with some bread and fruit.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces tuna in olive oil, drained oil reserved (2 cans)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
- Stir in the orzo and cook until al dente.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, season the vinegar with salt and pepper and mix until the salt dissolves; set aside.
- Whisk in the reserved olive oil.
- Add the orzo to the dressing and toss to mix.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and basil or parsley to the orzo.
- Break up the tuna with a fork and add to the salad with the feta cheese.
Definitely a tasty dish! There were some slight changes we made. I'm not a huge fan of raw onion, so we sauteed it first and roasted the bell peppers which I thought really added some great flavor. We also used veggie broth and about 6 ounces of cheese. I thought that there was a LOT of tuna, and when we make it again, I will cut it back to around 8-10 ounces. We will try it again though!