Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my rendition of a recipe from Dana Carpender's 500 Low-Carb Recipes book. We like it better with the salmon.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 ounces albacore tuna or 6 ounces canned salmon, drained and mashed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate with the oil.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the pie plate and pat down firmly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until browned & bubbly.
This was pretty good! It was similar to a quiche but not as eggy.I didn't mix in the slices of cheese. I put them on the top and let them melt. I used salmon in a pouch in it.