Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
An easy to make Kraft tuna cake recipe. We served these tasty patties on toasted kaiser rolls with sliced tomatoes and lettuce. As suggested by reviewer, chill in refrigerator before frying (optional). You could also dip the patties in breadcrumbs just before frying too. Also good with a side of creamed corn or creamed peas and french fries. You can make these fish cakes with red sockeye salmon too.
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (120 g) package chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 2 (170 g) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, on medium heat.
- For each tuna cake, shape 1/2 cup lightly packed tuna mixture into a patty.
- Add patties to the skillet in batches.
- Cook for three minutes on each side until golden brown on both sides, turning carefully.
I have made both versions of this & prefer the tuna. I used cornbread flavor stuffing mix, swiss cheese and let the mixture sit in the frig overnight. Quick & easy. Thanks so much for sharing this one.
Delish! I made the cakes just after lunch and refrigerated to set them up before frying. Worked like a charm. Served with Black bean and tomato salsa. THX for posting FTF. Will make these again. Made for Pls Review my Recipe Tag. Update: Used for sandwich for next day lunch. Of course it was delicious!
Made as posted, I put the stuffing mix through the food processor to finely grind and did not use the seasoning packet. These are just like mom used to make. Served with Grandma's Macaroni and Cheese #161294 this made a very nostalgic meal for me. True comfort food. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag. Thanks Burnice for posting a keeper!