Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy and spicy. My kids love this, but they grew up on spicy food.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water (drained well)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour, three if you like it thick
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 serrano pepper (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese (I use Mexican)
- salt and pepper or Old Bay Seasoning
- Sauté onions and pepper (if using) in butter until soft. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in flour to form smooth paste. Gradually add milk stiring until smooth.
- Place back on heat and bring to boil, stirring as you do.
- Add cheese. When melted, add tuna; stir until hot.
- I like this over toast.