Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so rich and delicious! A tasty unique way to get more fish in your diet.
Make and share this Tuna Omelet With Cream Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup cooked tuna (canned works great)
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced and carmelized
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- butter, for cooking omelet
- other cheese (grated) (optional)
- black olives (sliced or chopped) (optional)
- dill or other herbs (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- onion powder (optional)
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Mix tuna with mayo as you would for a sandwich.
- Beat eggs with milk in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in omelet pan then add egg mixture.
- Prepare omelet as usual, lifting the edges to allow liquid to run underneath for even cooking.
- When eggs are set to desired preference, place tuna mixture, onions, cream cheese (in small blobs or thin slices) on one half of eggs.
- Add options at this time, or save for garnish.
- Fold omelet.
- Cover and remove from heat and allow to stand until cheese is soft and filling is warm.
- You may also warm tuna filling in microwave before adding it, or skip folding your omelet and place under broiler.
- Garnish and serve.