Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so rich and delicious! A tasty unique way to get more fish in your diet.
Make and share this Tuna Omelet With Cream Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup cooked tuna (canned works great)
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced and carmelized
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- butter, for cooking omelet
- other cheese (grated) (optional)
- black olives (sliced or chopped) (optional)
- dill or other herbs (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- onion powder (optional)
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Mix tuna with mayo as you would for a sandwich.
- Beat eggs with milk in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in omelet pan then add egg mixture.
- Prepare omelet as usual, lifting the edges to allow liquid to run underneath for even cooking.
- When eggs are set to desired preference, place tuna mixture, onions, cream cheese (in small blobs or thin slices) on one half of eggs.
- Add options at this time, or save for garnish.
- Fold omelet.
- Cover and remove from heat and allow to stand until cheese is soft and filling is warm.
- You may also warm tuna filling in microwave before adding it, or skip folding your omelet and place under broiler.
- Garnish and serve.
Yum! This tasted like breakfast from some unique restaurant, but it was so easy! I only used some garlic powder and salt for flavoring. Thanks!
Options used: dill weed and pepper, sliced calamata olives. 1/4 can tuna per omelet. No extra cheese. All we had in the house was half a can of tuna, cream cheese and eggs... I wouldn't have believed it, but this was really good. Husband also liked it; he didn't have any olives.
Snowy morning in New England, and we were STARVING. I've had my eye on this recipe for ages, and we had all the necessary ingredients in the house. YUMMY! Really nice looking omelet and even better tasting. Loved the use of cream cheese- makes it rich and creamy. I doubled the eggs, because of prior reviews saying there was too much filling. This turned out to be a big hearty omelet, split in half for two. I used FF 1/2 and 1/2, and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. Seasoned with garlic powder, oregano, cayenne and salt and pepper. Fantastic.