Different than other similar mousses, this was my friend Liz's recipe that she shared with me shortly before she passed away. It's got a tangy zest that is refreshing and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 ounce unflavored gelatin (one envelope in US)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 14 ounces canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream, light
- 1/2 cup green olives, coarsely chopped
- pimento stuffed olive, whole
- crisp salad green
- tomato, cut into wedges
- 1Sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice and 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl.
- 2Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- 3Set bowl in pan of boiling water and stir to dissolve gelatin.
- 4Combine tuna with gelatin, vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped olives.
- 5Mix very well and turn into a 4 or 4 1/2cup mold.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Unmold on salad greens and garnish with whole olives and tomato wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Olive Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 595.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: