Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Different than other similar mousses, this was my friend Liz's recipe that she shared with me shortly before she passed away. It's got a tangy zest that is refreshing and delicious!
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin (one envelope in US)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 14 ounces canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream, light
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, coarsely chopped
- pimento stuffed olive, whole
- crisp salad green
- tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice and 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Set bowl in pan of boiling water and stir to dissolve gelatin.
- Combine tuna with gelatin, vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped olives.
- Mix very well and turn into a 4 or 4 1/2cup mold.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold on salad greens and garnish with whole olives and tomato wedges.
easy recipe to follow, and came together very quickly. I used olives I had brined myself, and they were lovely and crisp. Didn't have tarragon vinegar, and only half a cup of sour cream. AND I bought Salmon by mistake, still, it turned out brilliantly, and I enjoyed a serving last night with just a big slice of toasted turkish bread. was yum :)