- 14 ounces tuna in brine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 12 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 teaspoons small capers (or large capers chopped)
- 4 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna and reserve brine. Melt butter in a large saucepan and add flour. Cook stirring until smooth and golden. Add milk and reserved brine and gradually stir to a thick smooth sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in parsley and chives. Add lemon juice; stir well. Break up tuna into small chunks and add to sauce;heat through.