Recipe by flibble
A great little salad which is tasty, filling and very very easy. Makes 2 portions.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (in spring water)
- 2 spring onions
- 5 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 200 g penne pasta
- 25 g black olives, stoned
- 25 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 anchovies
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large carrot
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Before starting, remove the anchovies from the oil they come in and marinade in balsamic vinegar for 1hr minimum. Try to remove as much oil as possible. I buy a 100g jar of anchovies in olive oil, drain, and replace the oil with vinegar. Store this in the fridge for on demand de-salted marinated anchovies
- Cook the penne in a pan of boiling water. Go easy on the salt - there'll be enough from the anchovy.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, drain olives if tinned, and cut them in half.
- Trim and peel the carrot, and chop in to a thick julienne - strips 0.5cm (1/4") thick.
- Trim the spring onion, removing as little as possible of the root (white) end, and most of the 'leaf' end. Finely mince this, and the garlic.
- Remove the anchovy from vinegar, and mince very finely.
- Rince the green been and the lettice, and roughly chop.
- When the pasta is al-dente (cook until edible, but firm), add some cold water so the pasta can cool slightly, and drain well.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Stir well and season.