This is something I have been making for years for my family. Taking the fixins of a tuna sandwich and combining with pasta makes for a great lunch or side dish. Serve cold. My boys always ask for "tuna-noodle"
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (add more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dill relish or 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- Boil water in a 5 quart pan and cook egg noodles to al dente.
- Drain and let cool. (I refrigerate while preparing the rest)
- Drain Tuna and combine with onion, celery mayonnaise, dill pickle relish add chopped boiled eggs. Mix well.
- Add season salt and ground pepper and mix well.
- Taste. Add more seasoning or mayonnaise to your liking.
- Best if chilled for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold.
This is a very good recipe. Will make again. Tastes good with fresh tomatoes from the garden along side the salad. I put the salad on a bed of fresh spinach...yum!!
I magically cut this to 1 serving (thanks to Zaar) and used a single serving 3 oz envelope of albacore tuna, 1/2 cup whole wheat bow tie noodles, 1/2 boiled egg, a dash of dill weed instead of relish and a dash or 2 of everything else in this recipe! Best tuna noodle salad I ever made, I will make this often too. Thanks Chef V. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
This was a great tuna pasta salad. It had the perfect seasoning to suit most tastes. Unless you like something really spicy. I did use about 1/2 cup mayo to get it moist enough and I used a mini bow tie pasta as that is what I had. I had to cut back to 1/2 cup onion as my family is not too fond of green onions. But I will definitely make this again. Edit, I use 2 pouches of 7 oz. each for the tuna. That is plenty.