1 hr 5 mins
We love the combination of flavors in this casserole! Instead of cold - hot! Found in January, 2007 edition of Cottage Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 onion, grated (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley or 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) can solid-white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup nicoise olives (optional) or 1/2 cup other black olives, pitted and halved (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions, adding green beans to the cooking water during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- 2Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- 3Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 4Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- 5Slowly whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 6Remove from heat, and slowly whisk in 1 cup Parmesan, whisking until smooth.
- 7Whisk in salt, red pepper flakes, and white pepper.
- 8Add noodles and green beans, parsley, tuna, capers, grated onion(if using) and, if desired, olives; gently toss to mix well.
- 9Add tomato, and gently toss to combine.
- 10Preheat to 375ºF.
- 11Transfer mixture to an 11- x 7-inch (1 1/2-quart) baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 12Cover and refrigerate overnight, or sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over casserole, and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- 13Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Noodle Nicoise Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 815.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 32.3 g