Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a super easy inexpensive stove top tuna casserole. It got it's name from my ex brother in law who fell in love with it and always asked me to make it for him. Great if you are in a hurry or strapped for cash, and it tastes good too. I think this one originally came from a soup can my mom has been making it for years.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti (macaroni works well also egg noodles work really any kind of noodle will do) or 1⁄2 lb other pastas (macaroni works well also egg noodles work really any kind of noodle will do)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (drained)
- salt and pepper
- Cook and drain pasta, return to pot.
- Add tuna, soup, milk, salt and pepper, and desired optional ingredients (could include mushrooms, peas, or other vegetables).
- Stir over low to medium heat until warmed through.
This was very simple and with so few ingredients it came in handy when it was getting close to pay day. I did add green beans to make one dish meal and topped with cheese. yummy.