Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tuna casserole with green beans, red or green peppers, celery and onion in it.
Make and share this Tuna Noodle Casserole With Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups dried medium egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crumbled into coarse bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup red bell peppers or 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked (I like to use 2 cans)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Coat bread crumbs with melted butter.
- Coat large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, bell pepper and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in pasta, evaporated milk, soup and tuna; mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and bread crumbs are golden.