Charlotte J's Note:
Tuna casserole with green beans, red or green peppers, celery and onion in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dried medium egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crumbled into coarse bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers or 3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked (I like to use 2 cans)
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- 2Drain; set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4Spray 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Coat bread crumbs with melted butter.
- 6Coat large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 7Heat over medium-high heat.
- 8Add celery, bell pepper and onion.
- 9Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 10Stir in pasta, evaporated milk, soup and tuna; mix well.
- 11Cook for 2 minutes.
- 12Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- 13Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 14Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and bread crumbs are golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Noodle Casserole With Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 292.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup