Recipe by Jim in Washington
I am posting this mainly to let other singles know the basic ingredient measurements, and also so I don't forget them, again! This recipe is a composite of several I found on line, tweaked to suit my tastes. The basic idea is from Cooks.com. I like this one because it can be baked in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350, or in a saucepan on top of the stove. Less pots to wash!! Any veggie of choice can be used, or none. Bread crumbs, chips or whatever could be the topping. When camping I don't use a topping. Use whatever spices you desire.
- 1 lb cooked noodles
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, salmon, etc
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, carrots, etc
- 3⁄8 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles, drain.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare soup according to instructions on can.
- Turn on Broiler part of oven.
- While noodles are draining, place soup and all other ingredients, except crumbs in oven proof pan. I use an all stainless sauce pan so I can brown the topping all in one pot.
- Add noodles to other ingredients.
- Spread bread crumbs evenly over all and place pan in oven under broiler for 5-7 minutes until browned.