Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this recipe for over 25 years and think it came from my mother originally but can't be sure. It has a creamy texture from the cheese added and the mayonnaise which makes it sumptuous. Can be doubled easily.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Veg-All or 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (if you prefer, use onion powder)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked (macaroni may be used)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- prepare and mix all ingredients in large bowl and put into covered casserole dish to bake for 30-45 min or until bubbly.
- May be topped with buttered bread crumbs if crusty top is desired.
My family said this is another keeper. I only changes I made to this was the following: 1 1/2 cups of frozen vegetables and 12 ounces of tuna.
Yummy, just like mom used to make. I used frozen peas instead of canned veggies, and it came out great!!
Really enjoyed this recipe, the cheese chunks gave it an awesome flavour...I used frozen peas also. Will definitely make it again. =)