Recipe by Boca Pat
This is an easy weekday meal to prepare. Whenever I invite my girlfriends over for lunch they request this. I think this is a ladies casserole!
Top Review by elizallan9897
I'm not a big fan of tuna noodle casserole in general but my parents wanted me to find a recipe for it that was close to what they used to make. I like this recipe because it sneaks veggies into the casserole. My mom made us omit the peas, which I think would have been very good in it. I enjoyed the celery in this recipe it added some crunch that normal tuna casseroles lack.
- 8 ounces noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby peas
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles, drain.
- Sauté celery and onions IN the pot you cooked noodles in-- add the tuna, celery, onions, peas, noodles (cooked) and cream mushroom soup that you have added the milk to.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole and cover the top with the breadcrumbs.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Then turn your broiler on and broil for about 5 minutes.