Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of those old comfort foods I crave every-so-often. I usually also have fresh white bread and jam as a treat with it too. (Love my carbs too much!)
- 3 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna in water (drained)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat free cream of celery soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 ounces potato chips
- Mix tuna, pasta, soup, mushrooms, peas and onion in large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a 8x8 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Crush potato chips and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350º F for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This was pretty good but like Charlotte I added 1/2 c. milk and onion powder and 1/3 c. shredded cheddar. My husband enjoyed it. I'll definitely make this again.
10-9-03 This was easy to make, on the table in time stated (45 min) and most of all taste great!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I think this can be fixed on the stovetop easy enough. So one of these days I’ll give it a try and let you know the results. UPDATE 10-15-03...I did fix this on the stove top. I cooked noodles then as they were draining I added the tuna, onion, soup, mushrooms and peas into the pan brought it to a boil then reduced heat. I also add 1/3 cup of milk and that made the casserole nice and creamy. If I bake this again I will also add that 1/3 cup of milk.