This is a quick and easy weekday favorite. To change it up a bit, try it with condensed cream of celery or cream of broccoli or cream of asparagus soup. I have even made it with cream of cheese which was quite tasty also.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups hot cooked egg noodles (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a 1 ½ quart casserole dish, mix soup, milk, pimiento, peas, tuna and noodles.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until hot.
- Mix breadcrumbs with butter and cheese and sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake 5 minutes more.
This recipe was easy to put together. Used 1 1/2 cups of peas, 3 or 4 tablespoons red pepper chopped and doubled the topping. It just needed a little salt and pepper to help bring out the flavor.
Made for I Recommend Tag - Part 2 July 2010 this recipe was recommend by Boomette.
When I made this recipe I was sure I had green peas. I looked in my 2 freezers, emptied them and saw none. I was so disappointed. So I used corn. It's a good substitute but I know green peas are the best with pasta and tuna. This is great with egg noodles. I don't usually do the topping, but for this one I did, and it's really good. Thanks Pink :) Made for Photo tag
This was great. I made as stated except used a pea's and carrots mixture cause that's what I had. Will use this again soon. Very easy for weeknight convenience.