Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother in law made this. I got it from her. I change mine around deleting some ingredients and adding more of others. Play with it to your liking. You can substitute canned chicken for the tuna. I also use the bagged Homestyle wide noodles We love it served with garlic bread. You can make this ahead, keep refrigerated and cook later. You may have to adjust the cooking time and wait to put the cheese on top until almost done cooking.
- 6 ounces noodles, wide, cooked and drained
- 12 1⁄2 ounces tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- You may need to add a little extra milk. The mixture should be smooth, not too runny or dry.
- Put in baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered @ 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Easy to make with ingredienst we usually have on hand. My DS made this for dinner last night. It was his turn to cook. Unfortunately our green pepper had seen better days, so we left it out. Made for PAC Spring 2008.