Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My latest recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole. It uses no 'cream of' condensed soup - I never seem to have them on hand and its just as easy to use non/less processed alternatives. You can use any combo of sour cream and mayo to make up a total of 1 cup
- 8 ounces noodles
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup mushroom, sauteed
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook and drain noodles. Return to pan.
- Add to noodles: tuna, sour cream, mayonaise, milk, mushrooms, peas, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. (you can either mix it all in now or put half on top of casserole in the next step.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top of casserole.
- Crush croutons, as finely as you like. Sprinkle croutons over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.