Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is from a Grandma's Kitchen Recipe Card. Super easy for a weeknight meal, and you could add just about anything to this casserole and it would be great. Here is the basic recipe. Tweak to your liking.
- 6 ounces corkscrew macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 small onion, Chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) can tuna, Drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, Thawed
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook corkscrew pasta according to package directions. Drain; cover. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using wire whisk, stir together chicken broth, milk and flour in small bowl until well blended. Stir into mushroom mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in tuna, peas, pimientos and thyme. Add pasta to tuna mixture and stir.
- Spread pasta evenly in prepared casserole. Bake until bubbly and heated through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.