This is from a Grandma's Kitchen Recipe Card. Super easy for a weeknight meal, and you could add just about anything to this casserole and it would be great. Here is the basic recipe. Tweak to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook corkscrew pasta according to package directions. Drain; cover. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Using wire whisk, stir together chicken broth, milk and flour in small bowl until well blended. Stir into mushroom mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium.
- 5Stir in tuna, peas, pimientos and thyme. Add pasta to tuna mixture and stir.
- 6Spread pasta evenly in prepared casserole. Bake until bubbly and heated through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 343.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 22.6 g