Recipe by Aligobs
I've tried numerous versions of Tuna Noodle Casserole but this one I like the best. It's adapted from several other recipes. I hope you enjoy.
Top Review by Bev in NY
This was one of the best tuna casseroles I have ever tasted! Very easy to prepare and great for the beginning cook. The only change I made was the addition of 1/4 cup of cream to make it a bit more moist, along with salt and pepper to taste. Served it with a salad and dilled peas. It was a hit!
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna in water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 36 Ritz crackers
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to the directions on the package and drain.
- Grate the onion.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, and grated onion together.
- Drain the tuna fish and mix in with the cream cheese mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the cooked noodles and pour into a 2 Quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese to cover the top.
- Take the Ritz crackers and crush them finely. Spread over the shredded cheese.
- Dot the top of the casserole with butter generously.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.