Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from the book "Square Meals". A fun book to read as well as being chock full of 40's & 50's era, good old down home cooking. The original recipe doesn't call for it, but I like to add a package of frozen peas to mine. A family favorite!
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 16 ounces frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- 15 Ritz crackers, broken but not crumbled
- Cook noodles in salted water; drain. Coat with butter.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In large saucepan, mix soup, milk, sour cream, salt, onion, pimiento, pepper and celery. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Add tuna and peas. Combine with noodles and pour into 2-1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle top with Ritz crackers.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley.