Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy meal that your kids will enjoy! Tater tots really make this a fun dish!
- 1 (16 ounce) package shell pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water (do not drain)
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can water (use empty soup can)
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk (use empty soup can)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn or 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup French's French fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- frozen tater tots (approx 20)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring salted water to a boil and add pasta.
- In a small sauce pan, add soup, milk and water and tuna.
- Heat on medium till it begins to bubble.
- Turn to low and add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, corn and/or peas, and cheese.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray into a glass covered baking dish.
- Drain pasta.
- Mix together pasta and sauce mix.
- Place the pasta and sauce mix into your baking dish.
- Place the tater tots and french fried onions on top of pasta mixture and cover.
- Bake in the oven covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
My hubby didn't like this one (not like his mom's). But I really like the tater tots a new different way instead of chips.
I can't really review this recipe. I made my normal tuna noodle casserole (macaroni,tuna,mixed veg,american cheese, cream of mushroom soup, and milk) but I loved the tater tot idea. I added tater tots to the top and baked following Christines directions. Next time I am adding the onions also. thanks Christine
I made this tonight. I omited the tater tots and the fried onions. It was still great, my super skinny husband ate 4 servings and even my daughter ate some! Next time I will add the fried onions because it will be even better with some crunch to it.