Recipe by BabyKEsq
This is my Dad's recipe. I'm not sure where he got it, but it is by far the best tuna casserole I have ever tasted. I substitute thawed frozen peas for the green peppers because my husband prefers the peas. I also usually double the recipe because otherwise it's gone too fast. This is comfort food at its best.
Top Review by Eager2Learn2
This was a great recipe! My husband and I loved the green peppers in the casserole! The only variation I made was to add spices/seasonings, I added: garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and a pinch of red cayenne pepper.
Yum!! Thanks for posting this!
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2-1 cup potato chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles until tender, drain away water.
- Combine in a large bowl all ingredients except soup, milk, cheese and potato chips.
- Combine soup, milk and cheese in a sauce pan on the stove top until cheese is melted.
- Pour the heated soup, milk and cheese mixture over noodle, tuna, vegie, mayo mixture and combine.
- Turn into casserole dish. Use two dishes if doubling the recipe.
- Crush potato chips and put on top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.