This is my Dad's recipe. I'm not sure where he got it, but it is by far the best tuna casserole I have ever tasted. I substitute thawed frozen peas for the green peppers because my husband prefers the peas. I also usually double the recipe because otherwise it's gone too fast. This is comfort food at its best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil noodles until tender, drain away water.
- 2Combine in a large bowl all ingredients except soup, milk, cheese and potato chips.
- 3Combine soup, milk and cheese in a sauce pan on the stove top until cheese is melted.
- 4Pour the heated soup, milk and cheese mixture over noodle, tuna, vegie, mayo mixture and combine.
- 5Turn into casserole dish. Use two dishes if doubling the recipe.
- 6Crush potato chips and put on top of casserole.
- 7Bake uncovered in preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.1
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 1010.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: