Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my daughter's inlaw shared this delightfully different tuna casserole with me better then ten years ago. After the first time I made it it was good bye to the retro version. LOL Serving and prep time are approximate. ENJOY..!! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 (6 1/4 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- potato chips, crushed for topping
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water per package instructions.
- Mix remaining ingredients together well except for chips.
- Add drained tuna mixture to cooked and drained noodles.
- Place all in greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed chips.
- BAKE: 350ºF. oven for 45 minutes.
This was very good! My daughter requested Tuna Casserole for dinner and it has been a long time since I've made it so I found your recipe. Fast and simple with peas as a side dish! I skipped the thyme and the potato chip topping and just topped with cheese the last 5 minutes. It filled up a 2 QT dish perfectly so next time I may use a larger dish. Thanks so much for posting!
Excellent tuna casserole. Loved the addition of onion and thyme. Topped it with 1 cup of crushed potato chips. I usually prefer canned peas in my tuna casserole, but I didn't miss them at all in this recipe. Made for Fall 2009 Pick A Chef.
Love this recipe! I use 12oz of noodles half & half for the milk and a handful of peas... yummy! Thanks!