One of my daughter's inlaw shared this delightfully different tuna casserole with me better then ten years ago. After the first time I made it it was good bye to the retro version. LOL Serving and prep time are approximate. ENJOY..!! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 (6 1/4 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- potato chips, crushed for topping
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water per package instructions.
- Mix remaining ingredients together well except for chips.
- Add drained tuna mixture to cooked and drained noodles.
- Place all in greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed chips.
- BAKE: 350ºF. oven for 45 minutes.