Recipe by Danielle K.
We use tuna a lot in my house so I needed to find different ways to utilize them in my cooking. A casserole is one way.
- butter or margarine
- 2 large celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) package thin egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 4 tbsp of hot butter, cook celery and green onions until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly and boils.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Prepare noodles as directed on label and drain.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a small sauce pan.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Stir tuna and noodles gently into cheese sauce.
- Pour mixture into a 12x8-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.