Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was suprised to see my tuna noodle casserole recipe is somewhat different from the others on zaar. So here it is--absolutely nothing fancy about it. Just simple, comfort food at its most 1950ish.
- 340.19 g egg noodles
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 510.29 g canned tuna fish, drained
- 283.49 g frozen peas
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Cook noodles per package directions.
- Mix noodles, soup, milk, tuna, peas, cheese and put in a 9x13 casserole.
- Mix the bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes.
Very very good! We both loved it. I think next time though I'll cut back on the bread crumbs, maybe down to half. Very easy to make and will be adding this to my Favorites Cookbook. Thanks for posting! Tagged for Potluck Tag Game.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ This recipe really brought back memories, 'cause my mom was big on tuna & peas & casseroles! I did tweek it a little in that I used one can of cream of vegetable soup & one can of cream of chicken soup! Then I cut back on the cheese to about 3/4 cup ~ The result was a great tasting tuna dish, well worth making again! Thanks for posting this one!
I liked this. I've made tuna casserole in the past using a box of mac and cheese but I liked this just as much, maybe better. It's the kind of quick to through together and easy comfort food that is nice after working long hours. We will be eating this again in our house.